pixelIT (Scotland) Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://pixelit.co.uk(“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) pre GDPR enforcement and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations); and
means pixelIT (Scotland) Ltd a private limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC621906, whose registered address is 2 Ulbster Place, Millbank Road, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 8PS and whose main trading address is 2 Ulbster Place, Millbank Road, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 8PS.
- Information About Us 2.1Our Site is owned and operated by pixelIT (Scotland) Ltd a private limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC621906, whose registered address is 2 Ulbster Place, Millbank Road, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 8PS and whose main trading address is 2 Ulbster Place, Millbank Road, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 8PS.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
4.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
4.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 12 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4.3 For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
5.1 Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- date of birth
- National Insurance Number
- health related questions
- business/company name
- job title
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests
- financial information such as Payments made and methods of payment
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
- Purchasing and Paying for Goods and Services.
- Remembering your details so we can pre-fill forms on the website for you.
- Keeping an anonymous record of how visitors navigate through the website, so that we can improve the content and navigation of the website.
- How Do We Use Your Data?
6.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) pre GDPR enforcement and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
6.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying Our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and/or services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing a member of staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market research.6.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or post with information, news, and offers on Our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) [pre GDPR enforcement] and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
6.4 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
7.1 We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
7.2 Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the UK and European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
7.3 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
7.4 Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- We will not hold your personal data for any longer than is reasonable;
- We have taken reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage and destruction;
- We will not transfer your personal details to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing without your permission. We use third party service providers who may have access to your personal data so that they can provide services to us/you. When this occurs, we have a personal data protection compliant contract in place with these third parties.
- Do We Share Your Data?
8.1 We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
8.2 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
8.3 The third party data processors used by Us and listed below are located in the UK:
- OVH – Provider of our Servers.
8.4 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- How Can You Control Your Data?
9.1 In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
9.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held) and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com or using the contact details below in section 12.
- Contacting Us
by telephone on 01847 894762;
or by post at
pixelIT (Scotland) Ltd
2 Ulbster Place
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you (as under section 11, above).